CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2015, 54 edition by Maxine Papadakis, Stephen J. McPhee and Michael W. Rabow
English | 2014 | ISBN: 0071824863 | ISBN-13: 9780071824866 | 1920 pages | PDF | 23,4 MB
To deliver the best care to your patients, turn to the #1 annually updated guide in internal medicine and clinical practice.
The 2015 Edition is packed with important NEW information!
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• Latest 2014 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology guidelines for anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation, and indications for interventions in valvular heart disease
• Update on the epidemic of opioid-based prescription drug abuse, misuse and overdose, and new section on opioids for chronic, noncancer pain
• Revised treatment options for Helicobacter pylori and chronic hepatitis C
• Latest hypertension information from 2013 UK National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence and US Joint National Committee (JNC8) Reports
• Discussion of which patients benefit from statins, and indications for high vs. moderate intensity statins, based on 2014 AHA/ACC guidelines
• Scoring tools for assessing the severity of acute pancreatitis
• Revised psychiatric diagnoses in accordance with the Diagnostic Statistical Manual’s 5th edition
No other text links practice and research like CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment! Written by clinicians renowned in their fields, this trusted annual text offers the most current insight into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. You'll find concise, evidence-based answers to questions about both hospital and ambulatory problems. The streamlined format of each section in this clinical companion is the fastest, easiest way to keep abreast of the latest diagnostic advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here's why CMDT is essential to your clinical practice:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of other relevant primary care topics, including obstetrics/gynecology, dermatology, neurology, urology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, geriatrics, women’s health, and palliative care
• Hundreds of medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices
• Many helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment
• Recent references with PMID numbers for easy online access
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations